Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A different kind of CHRISTmas

Well as you all know we moved!!! My brother is getting married in January, so that meant a decision on our part..... Go home for CHRISTmas and miss the once in a life time wedding, or miss CHRISTmas for one year and go home for the wedding.  We opted to go to the wedding.  Probably a good thing since we are in it.  lol  CHRISTmas definately was different, not a bad different, just different.  It was the first time in 32 years that I missed my families CHRISTmas eve party.  First time in 13 years we didn't go to the mountains to sled and get a tree, we had to go to the grocery store to get a real tree.  weird!!! I was sooo sad to miss it.  But now lets look at the bright side of things.  CHRISTmas was on sunday so we got to go to church on CHRISTmas, that was awesome.  I mean after all.....
We were able to have new friends over and have a white elephant gift exchange, in which I walked away with a wax toilet ring.  (stop laughing Kristen.)  CHRISTmas morning we opened our gifts, dad opened "the white envelope" and came home from church and took naps, which was also nice.  Haven't been able to do that in forever.  Again not bad just different.  Then we called our families.  I am so excited to see all of you soon!!  Although I can't believe I forgot to take pics.  I will regret that some day when I am grey and old and wondering what we did for CHRISTmas 2011.  lol. 

Even with CHRISTmas being different there is one tradition we were able to keep one tradition that is sooo important.... reading our CHRISTmas book every night in December until CHRISTmas.  It is so nice to be able to slow the hustle and bustle of the holidays and focus on what matters most.  The precious little CHRIST child.  After all He is the reason for CHRISTmas.  Each and every night no matter how hectic the day we sit down as a family to read out of that special book of CHRISTmas stories and nothing else mattered except for that precious gift from our Heavenly Father.  My kids could calm down and they love hearing the stories and for that moment in the day in my home all is calm, and all is right.  I love looking up as I'm reading and watching them hang on every word.  Watching them all cuddled up.  I love the time after the story to talk about what we learned.  Some may look at it as a beautiful gift to CHRIST,  I look at it as a beautiful gift from CHRIST.  With out Him deciding to come to earth, I wouldn't have that beautiful moment with my family each day.  That moment when time stops and nothing else matters.  So I am grateful that even though CHRISTmas was different, CHRIST continues to be our steady rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment